Monday, December 8, 2008

Manito Tap

Manito Tap
110 N Broadway St,
Manito, IL

After a recent afternoon at Willets' Winery in Manito, we spotted a local pub, obvious only by the beer signs on a building in the small downtown. I was game, but my wife needed a little bit of coaxing. After all, her palate had been tasting wine all afternoon and now I was offering a cheap beer.

We had a seat at the bar and I ordered an Old Milwaukee Light, and she, a Bud Light. Although the service was fine, and the bartender friendly, glares from some of the customers assured us that this was a 'locals only' bar. But all was not lost as a few of the others made room for us at the bar, and offered up some free chili.

2 comments:

Peoria Peepers said...

I was glad to see that they were crushing their beer cans, of which there were many. I'm sure they must recycle them, which I wish more bars took the effort to do.

Peoria Peepers said...

It's high time for a new dive bar tour!!!